Allied Health Consultant – Full Time, Bunbury
Due to continued growth at Forrest Personnel, an exciting opportunity has arisen to join the team. The Allied Health Consultant will support the successful transition of people living with a health condition, injury or disability into meaningful employment. You will be responsible for assisting Employment Consultants with implementing strategies to support employment outcomes for our job seekers. The ideal candidate will have extensive understanding of the disability sector, working with people with a range of disabilities (physical, sensory and psychiatric). You will use your clinical, community and employment services background to support return to work planning and assist with the assessment of both non-vocational and vocational barriers and strengths of job seekers – including the provision of short-interventions to progress job seekers to become more job ready. A strong understanding of case management, community access and participation is essential.
Key Responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Provide psychological and vocational counselling, including adjustment counselling and motivational interviewing to help address work barriers;
- Identify Return to Work Barriers and strategies to overcome these, including delivering services in a timely and efficient manner;
- Work as part of an employment focused team to achieve goals of the organisation, including meeting Key Performance Indicators;
- Ensure delivery of professional quality services through an efficient and effective response to referrals, including providing recommendations to the employment consultant to progress the job seeker with their work readiness and maintenance of accurate record keeping; including the provision of regular documented feedback;
- Establish and maintain positive professional networks both within and outside the organisation;
- Effective engagement of a diverse range of people, including experience with drug and alcohol related issues; and
- Provide service delivery in accordance with guidelines and contractual requirements.
Essential Requirements for the role:
- Tertiary Qualifications in Psychology (can be provisionally registered); Rehabilitation Counselling or Social Work;
- Provisional/full membership with AHPRA (Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency) ASORC or RCAA (Rehab Counsellors); or be eligible for registration with AASW (Social Workers);
- Employment or vocational rehabilitation background will be highly regarded;
- Driver’s Licence and willingness to travel for the role; and
- Proven organisation and time management skills.
Your salary will be dependent on your experience/qualifications and will be discussed at the interview.
What can Forrest offer you?
- Option of earning up to $15,900 of your salary tax free through our salary sacrifice concessions. This can be put towards living expenses (e.g. a mortgage).
- Salary sacrificing meal entertainment & hotel accommodation.
- Annual leave of 23 days per annum.
- Personal Leave of 12 days per annum.
- Flexible arrangements, with possible RDO or TOIL arrangements.
All candidates must also possess, or able to obtain, a Working with Children Check, Driver’s License and National Police Clearance prior to commencement.
Forrest Personnel is an Equal Opportunity Employer, who have a strong commitment to diversity in the workplace. We actively seek, embrace and encourage the application of all individuals with a disability, health condition or injury, as well as those with culturally diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
If you would like to be part of a caring, happy and energetic team, please submit your detailed cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Applications must be received by 4pm, Tuesday 31st July 2018.
FPI reserves the right to withdraw this advertisement prior to the stated closing date.
Only applicants successful in progressing to interviews will be contacted.